By Nika N. Danial, Alfredo Gimenez-Cassina, Daniel Tondera (auth.), Claudio Hetz PhD (eds.)
In this booklet, scientists pioneering the sector have compiled a sequence of targeted chapters to spotlight the relevance of the BCL‑2 kin of proteins in apoptosis, body structure and sickness. an immense concentration of this quantity is thinking about the aptitude TH period PEUT IC advantages of focusing on apoptosis pathways within the context of human ailment. Readers drawn to knowing how a mobilephone handles tension and the implications of dysregulation of this technique for human disorder will locate this ebook very precious. It makes an attempt to explain a desirable quarter of analysis the place body structure and biomedicine converge at varied degrees, revealing a visit from the molecular legislation of apoptosis to the impression of this technique to the body structure of a complete organism.
Read or Download BCL-2 Protein Family: Essential Regulators of Cell Death PDF
Similar microbiology books
This re-creation of Protein Purification Protocols (1996) thoroughly updates the present protocols to mirror fresh advances and provides the big new array of proteomic options for protein isolation and research. those state of the art strategies comprise not just two-dimensional gel electrophoresis for research and characterization, but additionally analytical chromatography for multidimensional separations of proteins and peptides, and mass spectrometry for setting apart proteins.
This e-book describes state-of-the-art technology and know-how of the characterization, breeding, and improvement of yeasts and fungi used around the world in fermentation industries equivalent to alcohol beverage brewing, bread making, and bioethanol creation. The booklet additionally covers a number of subject matters and critical components the former literature has ignored, ranging commonly from molecular mechanisms to biotechnological functions regarding pressure response/tolerance of yeasts and fungi.
This quantity covers protocols for varied functions in hydrocarbon microbiology, together with these of curiosity for business strategies, biocatalysis, lipid and biofuel construction, bioproducts, or the human microbiome. It offers specified protocols for the practical screening of enzymes performing on greasy molecules (i.
- Cleanroom Microbiology for the Non-Microbiologist, Second Edition
- Microbial Proteomics: Functional Biology of Whole Organisms
- Molecular Microbial Ecology of the Rhizosphere: Volume 1 & 2
- Omics in Clinical Practice: Genomics, Pharmacogenomics, Proteomics, and Transcriptomics in Clinical Research
- Exploring Biology in the Laboratory
- Physics in Biology and Medicine
Additional info for BCL-2 Protein Family: Essential Regulators of Cell Death
Levels of human Fis1 at the mitochondrial outer membrane regulate mitochondrial morphology. J Cell Sci 2004; 117(Pt 7):1201-1210. 92. Yoon Y, Krueger EW, Oswald BJ et al. The mitochondrial protein hFis1 regulates mitochondrial fission in mammalian cells through an interaction with the dynamin-like protein DLP1. Mol Cell Biol 2003; 23(15):5409-5420. 93. Cipolat S, Rudka T, Hartmann D et al. Mitochondrial rhomboid PARL regulates cytochrome c release during apoptosis via OPA1-dependent cristae remodeling.
Bcl-x L increases mitochondrial fission, fusion and biomass in neurons. J Cell Biol 2009; 184(5):707-719. 121. Breckenridge DG, Kang BH, Xue D. BCL-2 Proteins EGL-1 and CED-9 Do Not Regulate Mitochondrial Fission or Fusion in Caenorhabditis elegans. Curr Biol 2009. 28 BCL-2 Protein Family 122. Jagasia R, Grote P, Westermann B et al. DRP-1-mediated mitochondrial fragmentation during EGL-1-induced cell death in C. elegans. Nature 2005; 433(7027):754-760. 123. Danial NN, Gramm CF, Scorrano L et al.
110. Tondera D, Czauderna F, Paulick K et al. The mitochondrial protein MTP18 contributes to mitochondrial fission in mammalian cells. J Cell Sci 2005; 118(Pt 14):3049-3059. 111. Tondera D, Santel A, Schwarzer R et al. Knockdown of MTP18, a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent protein, affects mitochondrial morphology and induces apoptosis. J Biol Chem 2004; 279(30):31544-31555. 112. Taguchi N, Ishihara N, Jofuku A et al. Mitotic phosphorylation of dynamin-related GTPase Drp1 participates in mitochondrial fission.